09/25/2018 | Product News
The rollout begins for the new look of the heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE Hook-and-Loop Fastener which now comes in a variety of colors!
In addition to its longtime features of heat resistance, flame retardancy, low smoke emission, and low toxicity, the Hook-and-Loop Fasteners now offers colors for design creativity.
Kuraray Fastening Co. Ltd. (Head office: Osaka; President: Tooru Tanokura) has started the rollout of a heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE hook-and-loop fastener, which uses PPS (polyphenylene sulfide) fibers and comes in multiple colors.
1. Development Background
- The heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE has the heat resistance, flame retardancy, low smoke emission, and low toxicity required for airplane interior applications. Beyond airplane seats, the heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE is used for a range of other industrial applications, including thermal jackets.
- Until now, the heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE was available only in natural colors. To respond to requests for darker colors, we’ve now added black and gray to the lineup for the first time. Customers may also obtain other colors by special order.
2. Product Features
- PPS fiber is the base material and used for the Hook-and-Loop portion. These fibers provide the product with its heat resistance, flame retardancy, low smoke emission, and low toxicity.
- The heat-resistant MAGIC TAPE maintains its holding strength equal to a bonding force (shear strength) of 80% or more even after exposure to high temperatures (250°C for 24 hours).
- Because there is no backing material used, the amount of CO2 generated during our manufacturing process is 30% less than traditional methods, resulting in a more eco-friendly product.
- Kuraray manufactures this product in Japan. Kuraray Fastening’s Maruoka Factory in Fukui Prefecture does the weaving and dyeing of the MAGIC TAPE product. The Maruoka Factory celebrates its 30th anniversary of operations this year!
|Part number||Width offered||Colors offered|
|A48600.71||(hook side)||Slit up to 100mm||Dark colors, such as shades of black and others * For details, please inquire.|
|B48000.00||(loop side)||Slit up to 100mm||Dark colors, such as shades of black and others * For details, please inquire.|
3. Expected Application
- To secure internal materials, and as an integral part of the seat assembly in airplanes, where heat resistance and flame retardancy are needed.
- For use in fire retardant clothing such as firefighter gear, aviation uniforms, and other industrial clothing for welders, electricians, etc.
- Cable ties (tie down straps) for the insides of vehicles, train cars, and aircraft.
- Fasteners for fire shutters and other internal building materials that need heat resistance, household electrical appliances, etc.
Company Profile of Kuraray Fastening Co. Ltd.
|Company Name||Kuraray Fastening Co. Ltd|
|Main office address||Umeda Hankyu Bldg. Office Tower 40th Fl. 8-1 Kakudacho, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan|
|Representative||Tooru Tanokura, Representative Director and President|
|Capital||¥100 million (Kuraray share: 70%)|
|Main business||Manufacturing, development, and sales of woven hook-and-loop fasteners (MAGIC TAPE), molded hook-and-loop fasteners (“MAGILOCK”), and other products related to hook-and-loop fasteners|