Our values and principles
Kuraray is focused on growth. As a speciality chemicals company with operations around the world, we aim to provide unique, innovative products that help find solutions to global challenges and improve the quality of life. Developing new products and applications and moving into new areas of business have high priority at Kuraray. At the same time, product and plant safety and environmental protection are central to all our operations. Business success is only possible if our company is accepted by society. Kuraray therefore regards itself as part of society and accepts its responsibility for fostering the general well-being of the community.
OUR BUSINESS PRINCIPLES
- We will develop and provide products and services, giving full consideration to safety
- We will conduct business in a free, fair and transparent manner
- We will maintain good communications and build a sound relationship with society
- We will strive to preserve and improve the global environment and to secure safety and health
- We will respect intellectual properties including trade secrets and control information properly
CURRENT COMMUNITY WORK BY KURARAY EUROPE GMBH
- Collaboration with schools, universities and other educational institutions
- Supporting the Christmas in a Shoebox gift campaign (www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk)
- Participation on the Malteser Social Day
- Support for refugees
KURARAY'S DNA AND SPIRIT
Kuraray’s roots date back to 1926, when its founder Magosaburo Ohara established and formed the company. His and his successors’ spirit is still alive and is reflected in Kuraray’s mission and values.
A TYPICAL STORY
This "Sending School Backpacks Across the Sea" story reveals the Kuraray spirit: we are not only producing outstanding high-performance materials to improve people’s lives but also engage actively in a wide range of activities that contribute to the well-being of communities.