- Very good adhesion and film-forming properties
- Good water resistance
- High bonding power
- Excellent optical transparency
- Good elasticity
- Very good compatibility with organic solvents
- High compatibility with other polymers
- Very good thermoplastic processing
- Coatings and varnishes
- Printing inks for packaging
- Films for laminated safety glass
- Binders for ceramics and metal powders
- Retroreflective coatings for traffic signs and road markings
- Binders for a wide range of special applications
- Suitable for thermoplastic applications
Kuraray produces the Mowital® brand of polyvinyl butyral resins. Mowital's outstanding adhesive and film-forming properties, high bonding power and excellent optical transparency make it a highly versatile thermoplastic.
Polyvinyl butyrals are suitable for a wide range of applications. Examples are films for laminated safety glass, paints, varnishes, coatings, printing inks, adhesives and temporary ceramic binders.
Mowital® Thin Film
Mowital® Thin Film can be used to laminate different materials, including multi-layer composites comprising a variety of substrates.